By Charlese Freeman
Spice it up! Everyone’s had that moment when they were craving Indian, Chinese or Thai food.
The Spice Route is a local restaurant specializing in Asian cuisine. Located at 1135 N 9th Street in Stroudsburg.
All the tasty meals are prepared freshly by Chef Michael Chu and his team of seasoned chefs.
According to the Spices Route’s website, Spice Route refers to the ancient trade route between historical civilizations in Asia, Northeast Africa and Europe.
Goods, mainly “Spices” such as cinnamon, cassia, cardamom, ginger, pepper, and turmeric were known to be traded and used for commerce.
Spices traded on the route traveled all over the Western world.
Thus, the name Spice Route was adopted as this restaurant’s name.
Some featured menu items include Indian meals such as:
• Vegetable Samosas, a Phyllo pastry triangle with potato & green pea filling.
• Murgh Tikka Masala, a creamy grilled boneless chicken in a velvety sauce.
• Paneer Makhni, Cottage cheese in rich tomato sauce with cream & butter.
• Lamb Rogan Josh, tenderized pan-roasted lamb, red chili powder, coriander powder, ginger & garlic paste.
Some of the Thai cuisines include:
• Pad Thai Noodle Chicken, flat rice noodle, pad Thai, sauce, peanut, chive, bean sprout.
• Sliced Chicken with Penang Curry, Sliced chicken, coconut milk, Penang (Malay) sauce, and Thai Fried Rice Chicken, Rice, basil, chive, kaffir lime leaf, spring onion, chili.
Chinese/Pan-Asian cuisines include:
• King Po Chicken, Diced chicken, peanut, dry red chili, hoisin sauce Chicken Teriyaki, Shredded chicken, bell peppers, Onion, Teriyaki sauce, Drums of Heaven, Pulled Chicken drumstick, soy sauce, garlic, onion, spring onion, fresh chili.
• Pan Fried Dumpling Chicken, Cabbage, carrot, bamboo shoot, tofu, spring onion.
Add some spices to your diet and enjoy the savor flavors of Asian cuisine. Don’t feel like leaving to get food? No problem they deliver. They have no problem bringing the fire to you.
You can also view all that Spice Route has to offer on their website, www.spicerouteusa.com.
Email Charlese at: