- As of Monday, March 17, all ESU classes (undergraduate, graduate and doctoral) will transition to online instruction for the remainder of the semester.
- Face-to-face classes will transition to online instruction and begin on Monday, March 23. Online classes will continue on March 16 as scheduled.
- All ESU community and campus events are canceled.
- There are still no confirmed cases of coronavirus at ESU. There are eight confirmed cases in Monroe County and one in Northhampton County.
- ESU’s Student Health Center LVH Pocono will remain open to students. However, they will need to contact the center first at (272) 762-4378
- All internships, externships, clinics, labs, student teaching assignments and other experimental learning assignments are suspended.
- Kemp Library is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, and closed on weekends, until March 29.
- Virtual library services are available Monday through Friday (unless otherwise noted)
- All approved academic accommodations currently in place will remain in effect.
- Students with note-takers will continue to have access to uploaded notes on Accommodate for all lectures (either pre-recorded or streaming live).
- Students with testing accommodations should continue to follow the testing protocol provided by OASIS and contact professors prior to their exam date to notify them you will be utilizing your extended time.
- Students who have trouble navigating online classes are urged to contact Kim Roselli at email@example.com.
- ESU is currently following the guidance of the US and PA departments of education to determine if/what amount students will be refunded. The University will provide information on changes to student accounts in the coming days. Students should check their emails frequently for updates.
Resident hall & Food Services
- Residence halls will be open for students to retrieve their belongings from today, March 17 until Saturday, April 4 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- When returning, students should check their mailboxes for any small packages they might have.
- Starting today, March 17, all mail and packages are being returned to the sender.
- Dansbury Commons will remain with limited service. Current hours are: March 16-20 – 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m., and 5-6:30 p.m and March 21-22 – 11 a.m.- 12:30 p.m., and 4:30-6 p.m.
- For those who may be in extenuating circumstances and need to remain on campus, contact Eugene Kelly, dean of students at firstname.lastname@example.org. Internet and technology issues may not be considered extenuating circumstances.
For returning students
- Students must email their advisor for information on how to register for the Fall 2020 semester.
For graduating students
- There is currently no word on when Spring commencement will take place.
- Cap and gowns can be ordered until April 25 and shipped home using https://esu.shopoakhalli.com. The University Bookstore will be closed until further notice.
- All orders placed to be picked up at Gradfest can be shipped to the students’ home.
- The ALANI (African, Latinx, Asian and Native American) graduation is canceled until further notice.
- As of March 13, the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC) suspended all competition for the remainder of the spring semester
For more information and updates, visit www.esu.edu/health-and-wellness/coronavirus.cfm