The Stroud Courier Writing Guidelines
- Articles must be at least 400 words unless stated otherwise. Longer articles are always better. It is easier to cut out words than add.
- Pitched ideas must be about or relating to ESU campus or students
- Collect quotes (student quotes are best)
- Follow AP Style guidelines
- Use Active Voice, strong verbs and concrete nouns
- Do original reporting: talk to people, ask questions, get quotes, gather information to assemble your own piece.
- Know your due dates and stick to them. If you need any adjustments to your deadline let your editor know immediately.
- Keep in contact with your editors.
Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any articles. Our editors encourage pitching ideas which can be made through e-mail or by coming to our weekly meetings every Thursday at 2 p.m. If you have any questions, comments or concerns, contact our Editor-in-Chief Samantha Werkeiser or visit our office on the second floor of the University Center room 217.