By Samantha Werkheiser
If you’re feeling bored, just want to get involved in or want to stay up to date on the happenings on campus, try coming to or participating in some of the upcoming events hosted by ESU and ESU clubs.
• Hoodie Rally – Sunday, Feb. 26, 2017- 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. at Payrow Plaza (City Hall Plaza) 10 East Church St., Bethlehem, Pa. 18018. This event takes place on the five-year anniversary of Trayvon Martin’s death and aims to ensure that his legacy will live on. The rally hopes to bring people together to stand in solidarity with the victims of social injustice, and to never forget those who have passed due to this. Bring a hoodie to show you stand with Trayvon Martin and other victims.
• OMA Talks: The Immigrant Spirit– Monday, Feb. 27, 2017, 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m., Stroud 117. Lurine Allotey, assistant in the office of Multicultural Affairs, shares why she wrote the timely book “The Immigrant Spirit” and how immigrants have affected the country.
• Multicultural Male Initiative Etiquette Dinner – Tuesday, Feb. 28, 2017, 6:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m., Innovation Center, room 336. The Multicultural Male Initiative will be hosting an etiquette dinner as a part of Black History Month programming. Come and enjoy a delicious meal, engage in networking and learn about business dinner etiquette. Those interested in attending or looking for more information should email Ly’Esha Fleming at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Presentation of Alfred Hitchcock: Tuesday, Feb. 28, 2017, 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m., Fine Arts Cohen Recital Hall. Come to this presentation before “The 39 Steps” show to learn more about Alfred Hitchcock and his works.
• Eating Disorders Awareness Event – Thursday, March 2, 2017 from 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m., SciTech Lobby. This event will have tables set up to educate students about eating disorders, giving them information on the dangers and recovery of them. This event will be hosted by the Active Minds organization on campus.
• Ice Skate/Cross Country/Snowshoeing – Friday, March 3, 2017 from 2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m., Stony Acres. Weather permitting come and enjoy ice skating on the pond or skiing or snow shoeing on the trails at Stony Acres. Free hot chocolate will also be available to ESU students, staff and faculty. Please sign up in the University Center room 211.
• Nature By Night: Schisler Museum and McMunn Planetarium Flashlight Tour- Friday, March 3, 2017, 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m., SciTech Schisler Museum. The best part of a slumber party is staying up at night! Wear your favorite jammies & slippers and roam the world’s habitats in an after-hours tour of the Schisler Museum and McMunn Planetarium. Visit esu.edu/museum for more info and to register!
• “The 39 Steps” – Curtain times for The 39 Steps are 7:30 p.m. on Feb. 28 – March 3; 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. on March 4 and 2 p.m. on March 5. General admission is $12; senior citizens, faculty and staff with I.D. are $10; students with I.D are $7; and youth 12 and under are $5. This production is recommended for ages 10 and above. For more information on the production see the Arts and Entertainment Section, email email@example.com or call 570-422-3483.
Email Samantha at: